On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 14:15:20 +0100, LluÃs Batlle i Rossell wrote:

> I've never known what are the options of NLS in the kernel, for.

I think this is encoding of filesystem names.

> Where can I setup them?

In filesystems section.

> What should I do with them, if I selected many encodings?
> Shouldn't I choose my 'working encoding' somewhere?
> I've noticed that the only filesystems that deals with encodings are the
> FAT ones, about Microsoft's codepages. But not the others...

Nope. For example I'm using reiserfs. If I understand correctly, because
I have locale ru_RU.utf8 file names in my system are encoded with utf8.

You should manually specify encoding for filesystem if it differs from
your locale. Microsoft normaly uses cp866 in fat. Or am I wrong?

HTH,