Jans Han Xie ha scritto:

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 11:51:41 -0600, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Wednesday 02 February 2005 06:43 am, Jans Han Xie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

I made a mistake since I thought what you are talking about is
*linux26-headers* instead of *linux-headers-2.6*, and
*linux26-headers* is unmasked while *linux-headers-2.6* masked.

Now I'm confused with this two ebuilds. What's the differences between
them?

The linux kernel normally has 2 (or 3) versions available.  The latest even
minor version ("unstable"), the minor version before that ("stable"), and
sometime the latest odd minor version ("development").  [Actually, this
policy may have changed; Linus seems to really like just using mm-sources
as a "development" line.]

linux-headers (and gentoo-sources and vanilla-sources) reflect the current
stable version [according to /gentoo/, which will generally be the
"stable" kernel version or late-cycle "unstable"]. linux??-headers (and
gentoo-dev-sources and development sources) reflect the current unstable
version [again, according to /gentoo/, which will generally be the
"ustable" kernel version].

Then should I exactly use linux-headers with gentoo-sources and
accordingly only use linux??-headers with gentoo-dev-sources?
Or (linux-headers + gentoo-dev-sources) || (linux??-headers +
gentoo-sources) is OK, too?

The first two are correct, the latest 2 may work