It actually doesnt stop distcc - just runs a single make job on the
other machine.  Very useful for low powered machines as you dont specify
"localhost" so all the makes are remote, even if just one machine
(should be, doesnt always happen tho!)

To stop distcc use "FEATURES="-distcc"

However, this thread is of use to me as I also have a laptop that plain
refuses to distcc anything.  Havent had time trace it yet, but the
symptoms are similar to what others are reporting.  Only difference with
my usual inastall method is that I tried to set up distcc according to
the gentoo guide so it would be used during bootstrap - it didnt work
there either.

Think were looking at some kind of configuration bug that some systems
trigger?

BillK

--
William Kenworthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>