Captain FantastiK ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) scribbled:
> Now, I foudn out what was the problem. It seems to be the -static USE Flag
> (But I don't understand why) so when I removed, the compiling Process was
> OK. But Now, I have another Problem with X: the modules is failing from

[snip log info]
> (II) LoadModule: "bitmap"
> (II) Loading /usr/lib/modules/fonts/libbitmap.a
> Duplicate symbol __i686.get_pc_thunk.bx in
> /usr/lib/modules/fonts/libbitmap.a:bitmapmod.o
> Also defined in /usr/lib/modules/fonts/libbitmap.a
>
> Fatal server error:
> Module load failure

This is a bug with using a hardened gcc/glibc combo.  There are two
solutions to this problem.  The first is to patch Xorg source to add the
'-norun' flag (this is from memory, may not be the right word).  Or you
can remove the hardened USE flag, and re-merge gcc, glibc, and then
Xorg.

I'll be honest, I took the easier route and re-merged without -hardened.
I encountered this same problem on my primary work machine and needed to
get it back up fast.

This has to do with when functions are looked up in shared libraries.
Without -hardened, gcc/glibc does 'lazy lookups'.  When you use
-hardened, all symbols are looked up at initial execution, thus
inconsistencies are found.

hth,

Cooper.