On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 09:15:25 -0500, Phil Sexton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Very few retail stores that sell brand name computers have limited if
> any understanding of computers, IMHO.

I don't really think you need the folks at the retail store to
understand anything about computers. If you do all the research, if
you read specs online for everything that you are interested in which
is on sale, then you wouldn't care too hoots about what the rep at the
store has to say. And the rep wouldn't care if you wanted to return
something that didn't work.

> My suggestion: Avoid such places. BYOB (Build your own box).  Then you
> KNOW what you have in it.

I came to Chicago, IL to attend school after spending most of my life
in Bangalore, India. Out there, no one I know has ever bought a
'branded' computer. Most people assemble computers with the help of a
dealer (who on most occassions is pretty darn shady!). So in some
wierd way they BTOB.

Hareesh

PS: I'm off to Circuit City to return the buggy RAM.