I am being slowly driven insane by my mouse. When in X.org (GNUStep) I
am having problems with my mouse losing synchronisation and doing odd
stuff (randomly moving, selecting, clicking etc). Sometimes (and for
varying degrees fo time in both fixing and before it becomes
unfixable) I can fix this by removing the psmouse module and reloading
it (It is now a mosule to avoid me having to reboot every time it did
this). I have tried different mice and different kernels (in kernel
and module), but nothing seems to fix this. I have come to the
conclusion it's a hardware problem (unless anyone knows of any
problems with mice doing this in latest portage (~x86) x.org or
GNUStep).

I have also noticed that sometimes, when I do have to reboot over this
issue, one of my SCSI harddrives is "Not Ready" (from the Advansys
"BIOS" screen) and I have to leave it for a while before rebooting
again. Could this be tied into the problem? If so, I need to remove it
from my LVM before I can take it out and was looking to see if anyone
had any other ideas before I bring the house down with my screaming.

Alex
x x
--
Website: http://www.penwing.org.uk