Heinz Sporn wrote:
Hi!

Reading all the posts to your question I found it rather strange that no
one seems to be interessted in some basic facts:

1. How will this kind of file server being used? What is its main
purpose?
2. How many users are we talking here?
3. What are the most important operations you'll expect? Is it like
moving lots of files around or copying entire directory structures?
4. Length of pathnames may be an issue here
5. and so forth ...

Given your unique architecture plans IMHO _any_ recommendation for a
specific FS is based on plain, gray theory.

Regards

spox

I read all the replies to this before getting to the only really good one! The benchmarks are not going to be much use if you don't have this info...
Cheers
Antoine