For all that are interested.

I went ahead and built my kernel with Symetric Muliprocessing support enabled and didn't have a problem. However I didn't see another CPU show up and the results of dmesg said HyperThreading was disabled.

After some further research online with the P4M processor I determined that allthough the flag "ht" was in my /proc/cpuinfo the chip infact *does not* have support for hyperthreading.

- Brad