rodrigo ahumada wrote:

> El sáb, 12-02-2005 a las 17:39 -0800, Mark Knecht escribió:
>> Do you have any NFS or Samba mounts? Try adding  "_netdev " to the
>> mount options if you do.
>>
> nop,fstab:
> /dev/hda2 /  ext3  noatime  0 1

What does your hardware look like?  Processor?  BIOS?  BIOS Version?

What does '# rc-update -s' give you?  Since you think it's a hanging
service, let us see which services you're running.

Also, I've heard that some BIOSes need 'reboot=bios' as a kernel parameter
in order to work properly.  But since you're trying to power down... that's
probably no help.

HTH!

--
                     G a b r i e l   M .   B e d d i n g f i e l d