On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 23:53:12 -0500, Luke Albers wrote:

> thanks, I did that and everything worked fine.  I re-merged gawk with
> -xml, and deleted the library from /lib.  I havent rebooted yet, but I
> will see tomorrow if this works.  Otherwise, I can just leave the
> library in /lib.

That could break things in future. When an update to libexpat is merged,
it will be installed in /usr/lib, but the older version in /lib will be
loaded first. Portage will think everything is OK for any programs that
depend on the newer version, because it has installed it, but they could
fail, resulting in spurious bug reports.

Best to just use the -xml version of gawk until this is fixed properly.

--
Neil Bothwick

"Bother" said POOH, reloading.