> For every single mail I get I see a few hundred(!) lines of logs... :-(
> I reckon something is running in debug mode, but try as I might I cannot
> find
> what is (and where it is configured). A log excerpt is to be found below.

It's mostly the smtpd guy (it looks like) that is generating the logs.

Look in /etc/postfix/master.cf at your entries that have smtpd under the
"command + args" column.  You probably have the "-v" flag set.  It should be
cleared and postfix reloaded.

Also look at the debug_peer_list and debug_peer_level values in
/etc/postfix/main.cf.  The debug_peer_list indicates which peers to do
excessive logging on and level indicates how verbose it should be.