On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 14:52:41 -0500, Dave Nebinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Then, it didn't work.  Distcc did not distribute any compile tasks to
> > the other computers.  I tracked it down as far as I can.  It looks
> > like there are not any links from the /usr/lib/distcc/bin directory to
> > the distcc binary.
> >
> > For a short term solution, I created the links on the PCs that did not
> > have them.
>
> Great Abap!  But did distcc work after these links were created?
>
> This came up as an issue before on the list but I don't believe anyone
> tracked down the source of the problem...

Sorry, I forgot to mention that yes, with the links added manually,
distcc worked fine.

The just of what was happenning is that the path to the distcc links
is put in your PATH variable at the start.  This way, when cc (or c++
or gcc or ...) is to be executed, the appropriate link to distcc is
executed instead.