On Wednesday 16 February 2005 01:57, Alan wrote:
> Try this:
>
> cat foo.mpg bar.mpg > final.mpg

One nice variation on this is zipping all the mpegs in an archive _without_
_using_  _compression_. That zipfile is directly playable (the zip header
gets ignored by the mpeg code) and this way you retain the possibility to get
the original files back if you want.
It plays flawless, I've been using it for years.

The correct zip switches for that are 'zip -jq -0 $targetfile $sourcefiles'

Maarten