On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 13:14:22 -0000, Mal Herring wrote:

> I searched the Gentoo-User archives and found a thread with someone
> having a similar problem and the fix for that issue was the command :
>
> fix_libtool_files.sh 3.3.4
>
> so i thought i would give it a go - however it did not help...
>
> Can anyone give me some pointers on this please ?
>
> grep: /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.3/libstdc++.la: No such
> file or directory

It looks like you've gone from GCC 3.3.3 to 3.3.5. Try

fix_libtool_files.sh 3.3.3

The argument you give to the script is the old GCC version, and your
compile is failing because it can't find a file from 3.3.3. If in doubt,
run fix_libtool_files.sh with no arguments for an explanation of what it
does.

--
Neil Bothwick

Handy Guide to Modern Science:
   1. If it's green or it wiggles, it's biology.
   2. If it stinks, it's chemistry.
   3. If it doesn't work, it's physics.