My bullet:/etc/xinetd.d/imap file:

# default: off
using \
#              an IMAP client such as Mutt, Pine, fetchmail, or Netscape
\
#              Communicator.
service imap
{
        socket_type             = stream
        wait                    = no
        user                    = root
        server                  = /usr/sbin/imapd
        log_on_success  += HOST DURATION
        log_on_failure  += HOST
        disable                 = no
}

The rpm query returns imap-2002d-3.  Likewise for ipop3d...