> I had a google but didn't find anything. Anyone know of any
> investigations trying to measure ntfs vs other *nix fss? I know that it
> is a bit like comparing apples with oranges but might be nice.

Last I heard write support to ntfs was still classified as experimental.  I
don't know that I'd want to use it even if the performance was tens of times
faster than other unix filesystems.

That said, I would have to guess that with the amount of emulation needed to
ensure the ntfs partition would be compatible with windows the performance,
at best, would be on par with unix filesystems but, more likely, would not
perform as well.