---------- quoting Mike Williams ----------
> On Thursday 17 February 2005 21:41, Matthias F. Brandstetter wrote:
> > Now I do not really know where to search for the problem. Is it
> > Linux's software raid5 implementation, which is buggy? Is it one or
> > more of the IDE disks? Or is this normal for large (~400gb) ext3
> > partitions?
> >
> > Where do I get infos about this? Do you guys have some experiences to
> > share? Hope you can help me, I am somewhat lost here :(
>
> Problem with ext3.
> Been here, done this.
> Switch to reiserfs, problem will disappear.
> Reiser is also more suitable for lots of small files too.

Aha ok, I will check that out. Do you know why this happens -- is ext3
unstable? Why is ReiserFS better than ext3? Any good links to that topic?

Greetings, Matthias

PS: Is it possible to convert my ext3 based raid array w/o data loss to
ReiserFS?

--
Lisa: So gambling makes a good thing even better?

Homer: That's right.  My God, it's like there's some kind of bond
 between us.

     Lisa the Greek