* On Feb 18 19:21, James ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> I can more easily learn Subversion, and use it to check in code from a cvs
> respository, modify the code and send it back to a CVS repository (one that
> I do not control, such as ffmpeg) easier than actually employing CVS?
> That is, It's easier to use Subversion with an existing CVS project, than to
> actually use CVS?

No, Subversion does not operate with CVS repos, only SVN-specific repos.
He was just saying that SVN is the better project (it is) and that the SVN
book is fantastic (it is) so it'd be beneficial to learn SVN.  Your SVN
knowledge will apply to CVS, though, because the two systems are similar -
SVN is intended as a CVS replacement.  Plus, when SVN one day takes over
the world, you'll be in a better spot.

> If/when I decide to use an IDE (eclipse, Anjuta....) It will have an option
> for Subversion style CVS capabilities?

It might, if the author was smart enough to either:
1) let you configure your cvs commands
2) integrate svn commands

> PS, I like the idea of Subversion, but, I'm not really running into too much
> difficulty with CVS (of coarse my experience with cvs is quite limited at this
> point), it's just something new to get use to using....

If you're not having difficulty with CVS, you'll have even less with SVN,
and the extra knowledge will come in handy.  :)