What you are seeing is a problem with the wine setup, other Win
applications won't see the disk, too. You might want to
check /usr/share/doc/wine-* folder, user reference manual is nicely
done.

Short answer:
edit your ~/.wine/config and add something like this:

[Drive D]
"Path" = "/media/dvdrom"
"Type" = "hd"
"Device" = "/dev/hdd"
"Filesystem" = "win95"

Once that is done, start DVD shrink with something like:
$ wine fake_windows/Program\ Files/DVD\ Shrink/DVD\ Shrink\ 3.2.exe d:

DVD Shrink will immediately open the disk. Once the initial analysis of
the disk content is finished (1 to 2 minutes, max), I close DVD Shrink
and relaunch the application with the same command line. This is needed
for the upper left corner of the DVD Shrink to display properly. I don't
know for sure what is wrong, I found that a simple relaunch works for
me.

Once you are inside the application, search the net for a decent DVD
shrink guide, I think that Mr Bass did a really nice one.

Once ripping/shrinking is done, I use mkisofs/growisofs to burn the DVD.

Enjoy.

--
Aleksandar Radovic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>