On Saturday 19 February 2005 01:31 pm, Colin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ivan Yosifov wrote:
> >I suggest blackdown-jdk-1.4.2.01-r1 ( or later :) ). It is based on sun
> >1.4.2_07 code , contains linux-specific improvements , and is not fetch
> >restricted. Just my 2c.
>
> I have to program in Java for my computer science class, so is there a
> stable version of JDK 1.5 for Gentoo?

AFAIK, Sun is the only vendor currently providing a JDK for 1.5.  Even
then, I believe it is still masked, since it was (is?) a beta.  It is also
fetch-restricted because SUN makes you agree to a click-through licence
before you can start the download, but the ebuild will tell you where to
go to download it.

You can unmask it by adding:
>=dev-java/sun-jdk-1.5*
to package.unmask.