On Sunday 20 February 2005 05:49, Holly Bostick wrote:
> Dan Johansson wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > When I run a revdep-rebuild it will allways rebuild OO (I'm using the
> > standard
> > OO ebuild, not any binary version).
> OO.o is just "weird" (for want of a better word); the difficulty of
> compiling it, in addition to the length of compile, is the reason the
> binary is available in Portage. I suspect that the difficulty of
> compiling it is the issue in this case, because it seems quite likely to
> me that one of the "weirdnesses" could well be binary components
> squirreled away in that extremely long compile, which revdep-rebuild
> doesn't know how to (or is not built to) deal with.

I think that perhaps OOo uses a loader which sets a custom LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I
run 64-bit
amd64, so I have to use openoffice-bin. It has, among other things, a complete
Python
distribution in it. This is one of the things which becomes "broken" on my
system. I
haven't run it in a while, but IIRC, it depended on something like
libfoo.so.1.2.3 where
I had libfoo.so.1.2.7 (not actual numbers).

--
t3h 3l3ctr0n3rd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Supermarket Deli Clerk and Student Programmer

OpenPGP Key Fingerprint:
    0A65 EEFA B23A F0AC E6C2 C71C BEA0 E055 BE0E EC25