On Monday 21 February 2005 11:47 am, Jesse Guardiani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> On Monday 21 February 2005 12:31 pm, you wrote:
> > Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> > >I had a power failure last night on this
> > >machine after already compiling 147 packages.
> > >
> > >Is there any way I can trick portage into starting
> > >on package # 147 in a 537 package `emerge -e world`
> > >operation?
> > >
> > >Thanks!
> >
> > emerge --resume
>
> I don't think that works with -e. I tried it and got
> an error message stating that there was nothing to
> resume. I think --resume only resumes individual emerges,
> not batch operations.

1) --resume is meant to be used alone, it doesn't make sense to use it with
-e.  It can be used to resume a merge process started with -e, though.

2) --resume works ONLY for "batch" operations.  Individual packages have
the entire emerge process repeated (clean work dir, extract, configure,
compile, merge).

> Either that or it doesn't work after a reboot....

It will work after a reboot, but not afer any other emerge has started.

--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]