A. Khattri wrote:
On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Nick Rout wrote:

Indeed the OP said s/he filtered on the To: field, but this comes
unstuck if the list address was in the CC: or BCC: fields. I learned
ages ago to filter on List-ID or something else unlikely to change.

Unfortunately, maildrop's hasaddr() function (which helps keep my filtering rules simple) doesn't look at List-ID headers so I will have to redo all my filtering rules (I am on a *lot* of lists!).

Here's a snippet from my ~/.mailfilter (I use maildrop also). I don't know about you, but that seems pretty easy to me.

MAILDIR="$HOME/.maildir"

if ( /^List-Id: .+ <gentoo-user.gentoo.org>/ )
{
    to "${MAILDIR}/.gentoo-user"
}
if ( /^List-Id: .+ <gentoo-hppa.gentoo.org>/ )
{
    to "${MAILDIR}/.gentoo-hppa"
}

--
Andrew Gaffney                            http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
Gentoo Linux Developer                                   Installer Project