Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
pssst. Do not tell them, that compiling 2.6 with make all modules_install install is better than genkernel ;) Why use the 'normal' way, if you can do it with a complex script, that needs a big overhead and makes your boot longer?

unfortunately, it seems that the only way to get lvm2 and udev to work at the same time is with genkernel. personally, I would love to find an alternative but my query on how to has only had one "answer" which is to give up.

---eric

-- http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/13.03/view.html?pg=5

The result of the duopoly that currently defines "competition" is that
prices and service suck. We're the world's leader in Internet
technology - except that we're not.