> Yes, but the point of the list is to tell the list, not that one person
> alone. Had all 7 replies been to the OP, then no one else who wanted the
> answer, now or in the future, would know what the answer was.

The broken 'reply to' means that you don't have to think about where your
replies go, a shortcut I'm sure many folks like but is not a good thing
IMHO.

A working 'reply to' means that each responder must consider whether the
information they're returning is something the list needs to know or if it's
specific for the OP.

Had all seven replied to the OP does not mean the answer would have lost; as
many have pointed out a simple google search would have delivered the same
information.