On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 04:27:05PM -0500, A. Khattri wrote:
> Sounds like you should try sudo. The first time you use sudo, it will
> prompt for a password but then the session stays in effect for 30 mins
> (you can configure that) so subsequent sudo's will not prompt for a
> password unless your session has "expired". If you run sudo every few
> minutes you wont be prompted for a password again for the rest of the day.

or, just put the following in /etc/sudoers

   USERNAME      ALL=(ALL)   NOPASSWD: ALL

where USERNAME is the user you want to give sudo powers to, or the
group name preceded by %

That way you won't be prompted for password at all for sudo.

Best,

*   Address:  45 Spelman Hall, Princeton University  08544     *
*     Phone:  x68958                  AIM:  AngularJerk        *
*    E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]    From:  sep.dynalias.net   *
"`I think you ought to know that I'm feeling very
depressed.'"
"`Life, don't talk to me about life.'"
"`Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to
take you down to the bridge. Call that "job satisfaction"?
'Cos I don't.'"
"`I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my
left side.'"

- Guess who.
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 13:36