Neil Bothwick wrote:

Your drive controller, RAID modules etc should be compiled into the kernel, otherwise the RAID won't be detected until after the modules are loaded, which is after root is mounted. That will only work if / is not on RAID.

exactly my case as I've been saying all along.

the problem turns out to be checkfs. I needed to swap the detection order between lvm and md. It's a fairly simple transposition and I'm not sure if there's any reason why not make the standard. Should probably check bugzilla to see if there's anything on this problem.

---eric

--
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/13.03/view.html?pg=5

The result of the duopoly that currently defines "competition" is that
prices and service suck. We're the world's leader in Internet
technology - except that we're not.