On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:29:08 +0000, Jason Edson wrote:

> Hi, I'm kind of new to gentoo, well using advanced portage features, and
> I was just wondering how i get emerge kde to install 3.4 beta 2 instead
> of 3.3.2.

KDE 3.4 is masked by its inclusion in the package.mask file, changing
keywords wion't help here. You'll need to add each package to
/etc/portage/package.unmask. the easiest way to do this is

grep kde-base /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask | grep 3.4.0
>>/etc/portage/package.unmask

> And if I can get it to work can I have both 3.3.2 and 3.4 beta
> 2 installed?

3.4x and 3.3x are installed in separate slots, so both will co-exist. you
select which one you want to run from KDM.

--
Neil Bothwick

The dark ages were caused by the Y1K problem.