On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 23:05:25 +0100, Marc Ballarin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:49:43 -0700
> Joseph <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > It seems to me we are on a mercy of proprietary vendor "Adobe" who seems
> > to dictate the standard via ignorant company and people who use them.
>
> The PDF-specification is available freely. (Download from Adobe.) Adobe
> even grants permission to use its relevant patents.
>
> So, if there are problems, the software is to blame. ghostview's support
> for pdf is horrible. You might try xpdf. That's by far the best open source
> pdf
> viewer.

Yip, seriously in need of more devs though. I wrote to the author
several months ago and he said that he had already written the code
for continuous scrolling. Well... he said he didn't have time to
integrate it, but would get around to it for 3.0.1. Hmmm. That was
months ago! It is so widely used I just can't understand why no one
else is interested... If my c was any good...
Cheers
Antoine
ps. there are *heaps* of project that base their code on xpdf - why
don't they pull their heads in and have a go at making the core work
better?

--
G System, The Evolving GUniverse - http://www.g-system.at