John Dangler ha scritto:
I emerged php onto my testing box, but functions like imagecreatefrompng fail. Is this because I only have php as a client ? If so, how do I get php on gentoo as a server?

OR

is this because I’m missing gdlib?

Thanks.

JD

The output of the <?php phpinfo(); ?> function show that Configure Command has run with "--with-gd" if yes is the gd section like this
gd

GD Support => enabled
GD Version => bundled (2.0.28 compatible)
GIF Read Support => enabled
GIF Create Support => enabled
JPG Support => enabled
PNG Support => enabled
WBMP Support => enabled
XBM Support => enabled
?

remember that gentoo has
dev-php/php for the command line interface (CLI)
and
dev-db/mod_php for the apache module

if you mean the CLI as "client" you can run the equivalent of a phpinfo with:
# php -i

hih
Francesco

--
No problem is so formidable that you can't walk away from it.
~ Charles M. Schulz