On Sun, 2005-02-27 at 09:32 +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
> A question I have is "what is this driver for?" - I expected that if is
> marked as "low speed", it would not take over the high speed usb devices
> like it appears to do.  I have it on one system, and will disable it for
> the next boot - but I dont get any errors from it.

"flash keys" apparently. But if you actually read the "help" page for
that option, it seems pretty accurate, especially the part about "if
unsure say no":

Low Performance USB Block driver
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_UB:
This driver supports certain USB attached storage devices such as flash
keys. Warning: Enabling this cripples the usb-storage driver.
If unsure, say N.

--
Scott Taylor - <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"The molars, I'm sure, will be all right, the molars can take care of
themselves," the old man said, no longer to me.  "But what will become
of the bicuspids?"
                -- The Old Man and his Bridge