Well, it doesn't work! If I put anything but this in Xservers it locks up after booting. I put /etc/X11/xdm/xdm-config back to original.

:0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X :0 vt7

If I add another line with :1 ... :1 vt8 it hangs.

What's strange is if I add the extra line and then restart X (ctl-alt-bspc) it works - just doesn't on boot.

Looking through info on the web and the forums I should be able to do this. However, on the forums I see lines like

:0 local reserve /usr/X11R6/bin/X :0 vt7

but unfortunately, most of the posts are trying to make this work on KDE or Gnome. Do they use a diffrent syntax? Nothing on the web or man pages indicates anything about reserve.

Any suggestions?