On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 00:29:56 +0000, Neil Bothwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 16:14:49 -0800, Justin Patrin wrote:
>
> > How can I specify that my SCSI drives get recognized first? Or, how
> > can I force them to be sda and sdb?
>
> Compile usb-storage as a module. then the USB drives won't be recognised
> when the kernel first boots.

It already is compiled as a module. Something in the boot process must
be loading it before /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6.

I do have "Automatic kernel module loading" set.

I'm also using genkernel on this machine if it makes a difference (I
seem to remember something about some automatic hardware configuration
when using genkernel).

--
Justin Patrin