/. are the geek mecca. You cant seriously expect them to bother with
such trivialities as "standards" :P

Incidentally, you can disable the behavious you mention, although the
strange thing is that by default it is disabled. IE firefox waits for a
period of time before starting to render the page. This might explain
why I havnt noticed this problem.
.