Hi,

thanks for your answer.

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 12:10:55 +0000 (UTC), James <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Robert G. Siebeck <r.g.siebeck <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I'm trying to dial into my Gentoo-box. As a modem I use my Siemens
> > mobile phone and I want mgetty to answer the call.
>
> Well, I'd try to get it working using a regular POTS line first. Once that
> dialin works, then use the GSM phone.

Well, if I had the possibility to use a regular modem I'd not use a GSM phone.

> I always use wvdial with ppp for dial-out. Dial-in is different than dial-out.

Actually I don't want to use ppp because the GSM connection is quite
slow and I don't want to waste any bandwidth with ppp or TCP/IP data.

> I've been planning on gettin t-mobile's GPRS/GSM mobile internet access, which
> may be similar to what your using? Currently I do not have GPRS/GSM access...

GPRS is quite expensive compared to the costs for regular GSM dial-in,
so GPRS is not what I want to use, even if it's much faster.

Robert.