Hey folks-

I'm guessing this must be a faq, but I'll be darned if I see it answered
anywhere.  I found hints of the issue in a broken link to a
geocrawler.org mail archive:

http://www.geocrawler.com/lists/3/Linux/35/100/7642826/

The link itself (not the target) is at:

http://www.kernelnewbies.org/status/Status-13-Feb-2002.html

and reads (in part):

================
Cleanups:

o Merged     Break Configure.help into multiple files        (Linus Torvalds)
* Merged     Untangle include file dependancies              (Dave Jones, Roman
Zippel)
o Merged     Per network protocol slabcache & sock.h         (Arnaldo Carvalho
de Melo)
================

Can anyone tell me where I can find all the good stuff that is in
Configure.help in 2.4.x
kernels, but for a 2.6.x kernel?

I'm trying to find out what kernel module is built by me setting a certain
configure
variable, but for many different variables.  This is very easy with 2.4.x
kernels
because of Documentation/Configure.help, but it's clearly disappeared in 2.6.x.

Any help?

TIA.

-Kevin
http://www.gnosys.us