Bastian Balthazar Bux ha scritto:
Kevin O'Gorman ha scritto:

I just emerged Firefox 1.0.1, and noticed a bunch of USE flags I don't
recognize.  How do I find out what they do?  How would I change them
if they're not in /etc/make.conf?

The emerge said:
[ebuild     U ] net-www/mozilla-firefox-1.0.1 [1.0] -debug -gnome
+java +ldap -mozdevelop -moznoxft -mozsvg -mozxmlterm -xinerama
-xprint 31,905 kB

And I'm most curious about the "moz" things.

++ kevin

you can find a description for packages in
/usr/portage/profiles/use.local.desc

the ones that interest you are:
net-www/mozilla-firefox:mozdevelop - Enable features for web developers (e.g. Venkman)
net-www/mozilla-firefox:moznoxft - Disable XFT support in mozilla (also firefox, thunderbird)
net-www/mozilla-firefox:mozsvg - Enable SVG support in mozilla and firefox
net-www/mozilla-firefox:mozxmlterm - Enable mozilla's XML-based command-line terminal

add a line like this one: net-www/mozilla-firefox mozdevelop moznoxft mozsvg mozxmlterm
well, saying like doesn't mean "this" probably you want only "mozsvg"
this may be more appropriated:
net-www/mozilla-firefox mozsvg
to:
/usr/portage/package.use

No problem is so formidable that you can't walk away from it.
~ Charles M. Schulz
But sometimes run fast is better
~ Francesco R.