Ok, now I'm the proud owner of a new GnuPG key, and I'm able to
encrypt files using it, but I guess it has a lot of other uses, like
signing/encrypting mail. I guess I should now export my public key to
a key server, shouldn't I?

By the way, I have several mail addresses. I have added several UIDs,
one for each mail address. I guess I can sign mail I send from any of
those email addresses. Am I right?

I did some quick tests using KMail and Thunderbird sending a mail from
one of my addresses to the other, and I had the mail signed, but KMail
always showed that the mail was signed by the defalt UID, while
Thunderbird showed the correct UID. Is this KMail's failure or mine?

Best regards, thanks in advance
Jose