On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, pepone pepone wrote:

> I use jfs for my home partition and if mount fails i want to aumatic run fsck
> maybe i need same expecial option in fstab?
>
> /dev/hdc5       /home/pepone            jfs             noatime

Normally checkfs runs fsck BEFORE mounting a file system (file systems
need to be unmounted for fsck to work on them), so your system probably
already does this. In the old days this would be similar to the "preen"
options which do some light cleanup of file systems.

You can also force a full fsck every time you boot by creating the file
/forcefsck (e.g. "touch /forcefsck") when shutting down - the next time
you restart it will do a full fsck of all disks.

--
A.