I've not been following the thread, but a quick thought would be using 'alsamixer' to check that the right volumes are set.

I remember with mythTV on my Audigy was fun, it didn't follow the standards to get the capture working correctly.

I have seperate capture channels, and an 'aux mix' and 'aux mix capture' (iirc) - first had to be down, 2nd up for myth to get sound without it reverberating.

Tim

Christoph Eckert wrote:
"Finished" my new myth install last night, and there's no
sound.  The simple explanation might be that I didn't
install alsa, trying instead to get it to work with just
the nvidia driver.  So, I emerge'd alsa-tools (it's a
gentoo system) and loaded alsa
(/etc/init.d/alsasound start), and adjusted my sound
settings using alsamixer - but nothing.  Now, I don't have
alsa in my "USE" flags, so mayber that's it, but I'm not
sure what else to try next to get this working.  Anyone?

Did you run 'alsaconf' to adjust the /etc/conf.d/alsa file?

Best regards

ce