Pupeno wrote:

Je Sabato Marto 5 2005 22:28, Ian K skribis:

Oh, I know, but all of you guys are geniouses! I do apologize,
but you are the most intelligent people I know, to ask.
I ask the question again though.

If 'we' are so intelligent, and we are mostly using Gentoo, why don't you just follow the path the geniouses have drawn for you and use Gentoo instead of Windows ?

Because I suspect he is like me - he is forced to work with doze at work, and would like to be able to make it more Gentoo-like.
In any case, in a slightly related topic... with a GPL version of QT coming out for doze, it is going to be possible (though maybe not feasible) to port kde to doze (or so I have read). Apparently this is going to mean that it will be able to use the doze kernel, and kde as your desktop. That would be huge! Pure kde/qt apps would then be immediately xplatform.
On another count, it seems there is already a gtk port, so does that mean it would be possible to port Gnome (I can't see anyone jumping up for that but you never know...) also?
Cheers
Antoine