OK, I installed beta1 using emerge kdemeta-.....  and got everything. It
worked well. Same with beta2, although when I had to emerge an individual app
it seems like I remember problems with blockers. Then I reinstalled my entire
machine (gawk bug and my attempts to repair it!!). Upon setting up the fresh
install I emerge rc1 using emerge kde. Now before 3.4.0 is released I would
like to get thgis down so I don't mess up again.

I want all of kde, but I want to be able to emerge specific apps when
individual updates come out, or security fixes or when patching kitchensync
and konnectors for example.

My ? is, do I have to emerge <each individual app> or <kdemeta> in order to be
able to emerge individual apps at a later time for updates etc...

Mike
--

Michael W. Holdeman