On Tuesday 08 March 2005 02:21, Jerry McBride wrote:
> I never had to do this... so I'm curious. In step 2, you delete the
> partition via fdisk and then specify a new size. Doing this doesn't destroy
> the data in the partition?

Nope.

> Amazing.

Not especially, once you realise there really isn't actually any relation
between partitions and filesystems, it makes sense.
If the filesystem is inside the partition and starts at (at, or just near?)
the beginning, mount should have no trouble finding the superblock (which
designates the size and structure of said filesystem) and mounting the
filesystem even if it extends over the end of the partition (that last bit
could get a bit messy)

--
Mike Williams