I created a Live CD based on the instructions at
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=244837&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc
a while ago. Mostly, it works just fine; the only problem that I still
have is during system halt: When it comes to unmounting file systems,
I get a large variety of error messages indicating that /etc/mtab and
several lock files could not be written. I then get a request to enter
the root password or to press Ctrl-D to resume the boot process (all
quoted from memory, since I can't look at the error messages and type
my email at the same time). If I press Ctrl-D, the system does in fact
reboot. If I leave it alone, the computer will shut down after a few
more seconds.

Granted, this is a cosmetic issue more than anything, since I am only
dealing with readonly file systems that will not be damaged if they
aren't unmounted properly, but if anyone could give me any input on
how to avoid those error messages, I would greatly appreciate it.

Oh, one more thing: I am using baselayout-1.11.10-r1

--
Juergen Fiedler
JID [EMAIL PROTECTED]