On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Mike Markowski wrote:
If you install the amssymb package and start your doc with "\usepackage{amssymb}" you'll have \vDash. A google search on "amssymb latex" will bring up a bunch of pages you can double check against before installing.

The symbol I'm missing is a \VDash Which is two vertical bars and an equals. The amssymb package includes \nvdash, \nVdash, \nvDash, and \nVDash for the negated forms, but only \vdash, \Vdash, and \vDash for the non-negated forms. For some reason there is no \VDash.

I built a \VDash with \parallel and = but it's slightly bigger than the symbols in amssymb, so (being the picky bastard that I am) I went and wrote macros for my own set of [vV]Dashes (using |, \parallel, =, and \neq so that they'll all be the same size.

Can anyone tell me why there is \nVDash but no \VDash??? It seems very stupid to me.

Tim