On Mar 25, 2005, at 6:44 am, D. Wokan wrote:

Sarpy Sam wrote:

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 13:58:56 -0600, LostSon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Wow i dont rember this happening before. Glibc is over 24 hours and still
running. I dont remember this taking so long b4. Its on my laptop which is a
1.2ghz amd with 256 megs of ram. This seems a little weird to me that it is
taking this long any opions ?? KDE 3.4 only took 12 hours to compile. Im
confused.
--

I thought it was only me.  I have only been at it 11 hours but I am
really begining to wonder about it.

Consider yourselves lucky. I can't even compile it without getting a segfault during the localedata phase.

Doesn't it say later in the thread that LostSon has the same problem. As do I.
Could you post the last dozen lines of your output, please?
If you need to reattempt the emerge of glibc in order to do this then you may find it's quicker with USE="userlocales".

Stroller.