Le mardi 29 mars 2005 à 15:34 +0200, Hans-Werner Hilse a écrit :
> > > Otherwise, what is in /etc/adjtime?
> >
> > 3019.632059 1112090516 0.000000
> > 1112090516
> > LOCAL
>
> OK, that means that the clock is supposed to drift for 3020sek per day...
> [...]. You should replace the first number in /etc/adjtime to "0.0"
> to reset the drift. Otherwise your hardware time will be reset on next
> boot with the calculated drift. It's off again, then. That's because
> time is read only at boot time and may be written to the hwclock at
> shutdown (depends on boot scripts, but i think it's done this way). On
> next bootup the hw clock is supposed to be off depending on the drift
> and is "corrected" then.
>
> So it seems to me that your problem is not yet solved... But it's easy
> to do as you see.

I guess it should solve my problem too  : I had 800 s/day, consistent
with the 5-10 min/night drifts I've observed. However, I rarely boot my
PC, but I guess /etc/adjtime is also used when the computer "sleeps".

I'll tell tomorrow if the problem is solved.

   Thanks for the help,

                       Fred

--
Frédéric Grosshans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>