On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:08:16 +0200 Bastian Balthazar Bux
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
| > And then stuff explodes, since libfoo-1 isn't there any more. The
| > dep resolver won't necessarily see this as a problem either,
| > assuming libfoo isn't slotted and that fnord doesn't need specific
| > libfoo versions.
| >
| > Usually the breakages are quite a bit more complex than that.
|
| At this point run a "revdep-rebuild" should fix the situation also for
| situation more complex than that, right?

Hrm. A revdep-rebuild fixes (usually) dynamic linking errors on things
that are already installed. To fix linking errors of the kind I just
mentioned, all that is necessary is to not try to merge more than one
thing at once.

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm