There is a program called 'etc-update' this will show you the changes that will be required to update your files in /etc and subdirs, but I find it doesn't do all the updates..

AJ Spagnoletti wrote:

I recently just finished a stage 2 installation of gentoo and im still trying to work the bugs out. I emerged KDE and at the end of the emerge it said that 10 config files need to be updated. Is this something that has to be done manually or is there a command that will auto update them for me? I am still new to gentoo and linux so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

A.J.