I have a gentoo amd64 system with a number of servers running and KDE.
I'd like to get rid of blackdown-jdk to free up disk space, and I don't
use it.

When I do $ equery depends blackdown-jdk I get:
[ Searching for packages depending on blackdown-jdk... ]
$

(ie. nothing depends on it).  If I unmerge it and do revdep-rebuild it
doesn't reinstall it, but if I do emerge world -Du, it gets reinstalled.

Is it necessary to have blackdown-jdk?  Which USE flag can I get rid of to
prevent it from being installed?

My current USE flags (in /etc/make.conf) are:

USE="milter gd mysql apache2 alsa gphoto2 mad samba imap multilib cups dvd
ppds usb -gnome innodb oav lzw-tiff wmf -ipv6 nvidia rtc xvid nptl oss
server javascript"